Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving

Well it is the Monday before Thanksgiving. Short school week. Woohoo!! I am not hosting the family this year. It will be nice to visit family and not have the stress of @20 people coming over. Next year it'll be my turn. I really do enjoy it. I just end up cooking more when I host. The boys and I will have fun cooking Wed afternoon. They want to make cookies. That's because cookies are easier to grab when no one is looking than a piece of pie. LOL!! They think I don't know this. I'm thinking yeast rolls, veggie of some sort, and a pie. Might be a frozen pie like Mrs. Smith. SSSHHHH! I also have to think of things for the boys to do while there. None of the other grandkids are attending which lets you know they are all older. The youngest grandkid in this family is 20(the oldest is 33). I'm thinking a soccer ball, the legos, books and some paper and crayons. It's going to be great.
Friday we are going to get our tree and put it in the house. Saturday we should be getting a new addition to our family. It is of the four legged variety. Phillip should bring the camera home from work tomorrow, but Daniel has a small one he purchased at a yard sale. It works pretty well so I will post pics when I have them. Three of us are excited and one is at least not putting up a fuss.
We did lose a member of our family recently. Peter(beta fish) started acting funny(not ha ha) and floated to the bottom of his bowl. We had a short service for him and burried him next to T.F.(tree frog), Hoppy(toad) and Snakey. We now officially have a pet cemetary. It can only have very small pets due to lack of topsoil in our back yard.
Bun Bun is 15 years old this month. She will have to go out to the cemetary at my brother-in-laws house in Powhatan. I already have one cat out there.(Gizmo) She is slowing down, but I think is fine right now.

Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving. God has given each of us so much. We should thank Him everyday, but Thursday is a good day to also.

No comments: