Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My newest adventure. Canning!



The picture on the left is everything I have canned so far. Apple butter and apple sauce. It's about 17 1/2 pints total. That is the result of three canning sessions. Next I want to can some pie filling. My sister in law and brother in law have apple trees and have been nice enough to give us a ton of apples. I have also made a apple cake and pie. That's a lot of apples!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

I grew up canning. We always grew a huge garden and canned everything.We rarely bought vegetables from the store, or anything tomato based. I want to teach my kids that skill. Its a great one to have :D

Laura said...

Wow, I can barely open a can let alone fill one with good stuff. Wish I was there to beg for some!!!